Saturday, September 6, 2008

Week one:The Princess Bride

This is one of my favorite movies, especially for showing at a movie night. The Princess Bride has something in it for everyone and thus almost everyone I've ever met who has seen it has loved this movie, or at least liked it well enough to see it more than once or twice, as long as there is a bit of time in between each viewing.

This is the movie shown at the very first Mt. Everst movie night and for good reason too, my co-host being a male refuses to show any "chick flicks." Being a girl myself and not wanting to be the only girl watching a movie in a room full of boys the universal appeal of a movie with pirates, evil princes, some well fought revenge against a six fingered man, and twue wuve is exactly what I wish more movies had, so I didn't have to sit through another F-bomb filled Inside Man or try to trick my co-host into showing a musical. There's not much more to say about this film without repeating myself, except to say that I hope those of you who can come see it with us, details are in SoFo.



For a full list of the permenantly banned movies check out our Facebook Group (I might post it here eventually) there might be movies not on the list that will never be shown because one or more of the hosts hate them (musicals, supertrooper, etc.,) because despite how much we love them they aren't well suited to a popular movie night setting (Casablanca, Bridge on the River Kwai, Sweetland,) or because they simply wouldn't be done justice on the equipment we use to show our movies (The Dark Knight, look for it at Mark's Movie Mondays)

Sincerely,
Caitlin

No comments: