Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week three: Office Space

Time for a comedy!

We've been watching too much pseudo serious stuff, it's time for something all comedy. Thus Office Space (R, 1999) which is one of those films, like Airplane and Shrek, that is really much better viewed in a large group and then quoted for all eternity.

I think with the popularity of The Office, Office Space often gets mistakenly compared to or mistaken as the same thing. Although some of the humor is similar, the difference in styles between them and the fact the The office is a television show and Office Space a movie makes the two quite distinct.

If you come I certainly hope everyone enjoys the movie.

-Caitlin

P.S. As a side note those of you who know me know I really try to minimize the number of Rated R films we watch, because really there are plenty of excellent films out there with less sketchy content. Therefore you would all be surprised to know it was me who suggested this movie, this happened for two reasons:
1. I mistakenly thought it was PG-13 when I mentioned it to Tommy and he thought showing the movie was a wonderful idea. I normally would have done better research and discovered my error before suggesting it but
2. I've actually seen this film, and although it wasn't my favorite ever I thought it had all the elements to be a wonderful movie night/crowd film. The question now is if I just happened to see a television version, or it I wasn't paying attention, or otherwise why I didn't notice when I saw it the use of words that would've tipped me off to it's rating.

No comments: